A NEW REPORT ON THE ECONOMIC VALUE OF 171 COLLEGE MAJORS
A report from Georgetown University based on US Census data found 8/10 of the best paid majors are Engineering disciplines.The other two in the Top 10 are Math and Computer Science and Pharmaceutical Science.
Read more here: What It’s Worth – Georgetown University Report
Excerpt from the report:
“The top 10 majors with the highest median earnings are:
- Petroleum Engineer ($120,000);
- Pharmacy/pharmaceutical Sciences and Administration ($105,000);
- Mathematics and Computer Sciences($98,000);
- Aerospace Engineering ($87,000);
- Chemical Engineering ($86,000);
- Electrical Engineering($85,000);
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering ($82,000)
- Mechanical Engineering($80,000)
- Metallurgical Engineering ($80,000)
- Mining and Mineral Engineering ($80,000).
“Unfortunately, race and gender earnings gaps still exist in almost all fields. For example, even in their highest paid major, electrical engineering, African-Americans still earn $22,000 less than Whites and $12,000 less than Asians with the same major.
“Women tend to hold the majority of degrees in many of the lower-paying fields such as education, but even women with degrees in the higher-paying field of chemical engineering earn, on average, $20,000 less than equally educated male counterparts. ”
Read the full report: here