The Talent Advantage: How to Thrive in the Face of Change
Are you top talent? Discover five strategies that you can employ immediately to help you become top talent during turbulent times.
Please join CanWIT on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 for a CanWIT BC exclusive lunch event with award-winning keynote speaker, Dr. Nancy MacKay, the CEO and Co-founder of MacKay & Associates and co-author of the book “The Talent Advantage.”
By attending this session, you will learn how to:
- Become an extraordinary leader and master your emotions
- Show up as top talent and achieve your full potential
- Marry career development with succession planning
- Develop top talent
- Believe in yourself and deliver outstanding results
More About Nancy MacKay
Dr. Nancy MacKay is the CEO and Co-founder of MacKay & Associates. Her company accelerates CEO and executive performance through world-class peer groups across Canada involving over 200 members. Nancy has received numerous awards, including being chosen as one of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada in 2008. Her work as a senior consultant, former professor and keynote speaker has taken her from New Zealand to Europe, Asia and throughout North America. She also serves on the board of Simon Fraser University and is the co-author of the book “The Talent Advantage” by Wiley (with Dr. Alan Weiss).
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Segal Graduate School of Business, SFU
500 Granville St. (@Pender)
Early Bird – Until March 31, 2012: $45
After March 31: $55
Price includes buffet lunch
Proceeds from the event will be donated to the following YWCA Metro Vancouver programs:
- High School Mentorship – Since 1991, the YWCA High School Mentorship program has provided over 1,000 young women with mentors to help them explore career and education options, learn leadership and life skills, gain a positive role model and be better prepared for their futures. The program matches Grade 11 and 12 female students (mentees) with volunteer professional women (mentors) in a one-to-one mentoring relationship. The program engages, educates and motivates girls to acquire the knowledge and confidence to pursue the career of their interest.
- Welcome to My LifeTM is an after-school program offered at selected elementary schools in Vancouver to help Grade 7 girls with their transition to high school. Through activities such as games, small group discussions, skits and a community service learning project, students explore a variety of topics including self-esteem, healthy lifestyles, peer and family relationships and internet safety. For each program, two university/college students, one High School Mentor and one mature volunteer, known as a Wisdom ChampionTM Mentor, are present to both facilitate and deliver the program, as well as share stories, personal experiences and provide advice.
YWCA Metro Vancouver provides a range of integrated services for women and their families and those seeking to improve the quality of their lives. From early learning and care to housing, health and fitness, employment services and leadership, YWCA Metro Vancouver touches lives in our communities. If you wish to contribute, please visit https://ywcavan.org/donate.php