Lilith Professional (a professional development company) will be offering “Learning to Ask:
A Negotiation Training Workshop for Women” in Vancouver on January 28, and in Calgary on January 29.
From Lilith Professional:
Sara Laschever, noted author, speaker, and international authority on women and negotiating, and practice negotiation strategies will be leading two, half day workshops in Vancouver and Calgary. Sara is an international presenter and has led sold-out workshops around the world.
Using a combination of lectures, interactive exercises, case studies, videos, and group discussion, Sara Laschever will teach workshop participants “best practice” negotiation strategies that have been shown to work best for emerging female leaders. At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Recognize and resist factors constraining you from negotiating on your own behalf
• Identify many more opportunities to negotiate
• Prepare fully for negotiations, including researching comparables and context
• Maximize your bargaining power
• Set high targets for negotiations
• Manage the emotional dimensions of negotiating
• Understand the impact of timing
• Negotiate collaboratively rather than competitively