This page has been left for archival purposes. Many of these projects have been undertaken by the 2015-2020 WWEST program, eng•cite (the program of the Goldcorp Professorship for Women in Engineering at UBC), or UBC Faculty of Applied Science. Please contact those organizations with any enquiries.
WWEST is a 5 year program funded by NSERC, UBC, industry and private donations. By supporting WWEST you are helping to support, promote, and retain women in engineering and science in the BC and Yukon region.
Please contact us if you would like to consider supporting our projects. Some projects we’re currently seeking support for include:
- Workshops on diversity held in communities across BC and the Yukon in partnership with non-profit organizations
- The WWEST Partners grant program which funds grassroots efforts to attract and retain women in engineering, science and technology*
- Support a student researcher
- Provide bursary funds for students to attend related conference events
- Donate to the program general funds and allow us to direct the money to where there is the most need
- Invite us to present an outreach workshop for High School girls or Teachers
- Host a workshop at your company
- Disseminate news in your network
* By funding organizations through WWEST Partners you are ensuring the organizations receive, in addition to financial support, organizational readiness training to ensure that they use best practise and are accountable for their projects
Please contact wwest (at) mech (dot) ubc (dot) ca to discuss other options.