Below is a sample of publications from the national network of Chairs of Women in Science and Engineering (CWSE):
Conference & Peer-reviewed Publications
- Mavriplis, C., and Croft, E. (2013). Leadership Development Programs for Women in Engineering Industry. Canadian Engineering Education Association Conference, Montréal, Canada.
Discusses the need for leadership programs for women in engineering, and uses the WinSETT Leadership Development workshops held in BC in 2011 as a case study.
- Mavriplis, C. (2013). Design for Inclusion – A Roundtable Discussion. Canadian Engineering Education Association Conference, Montréal, Canada.
A roundtable discussion on how to integrate the concept of “Design for Inclusion” into undergraduate engineering curriculum.
- Fender, J., Davidson, V., Vassileva, J., Ghazzali, N. & Croft, E. (2011). Perceptions and Experiences of the Workplace among Canadian Computer Science and Engineering Students – A Gender Analysis. International Conference for Women Engineers and Scientists, Adelaide, Australia.
An overview of selected results of a national survey on the career intentions of upper-year Canadian undergraduate students in computer science and engineering programs.
- Darisi, T., Davidson, V., Korabik, K., & Desmarais, S. (2010). Commitment to Graduate Studies and Careers in Science and Engineering: Examining Women’s and Men’s Experiences. International Journal of Gender, Science and Technology. 2(1):48-64.
A comprehensive survey that assesses departmental, interpersonal and attitudinal variables related to Canadian student experiences in science and engineering graduate programs.
CWSE Updates and Publications
- Ontario Network of Women in Engineering. 2010 Record of Achievement Go ENG Girl/GENIales, les filles
Ontario Network of Women in Engineering. 2009 Record of Achievement – Go ENG Girl/GENIales, les filles
Ontario Network of Women in Engineering. 2007 Record of Achievement – Go ENG Girl/GENIales, les filles
- The CWSE impacts for September 2011 – December 2013 are summarized in this infographic
- The CWSE geographical impacts for September 2011 – December 2013 are summarized in this impact map
- WISEatlantic Research Group – Women in Science and Engineering, NSERC Chair, Atlantic Region. (2014) Career Choices and Influencers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math: an analysis in the Maritime Provinces.
For more reports and statistics from the national level, please visit the NSERC Women in Science and Engineering website.