UBC Women in Engineering is in the midst of recruiting new members for their Student Council.
The Women in Engineering Student Council is a group of undergraduate and graduate students committed to promoting the Women in Engineering program. The council focuses on:
- Building student networks through participation in WIE programs & events
- Connecting with industry partners in order to collaboratively facilitate programs for female engineering students
- Providing leadership in identifying and eliminating systemic barriers to female students’ full participation in Engineering
Being a WIE Student Council member this summer is a great opportunity for those who are looking to get involved in shaping the WIE Program. You will gain great professional development skills for your resume as well as create connections across the Faculty and beyond!
WIE Summer working group projects will be focused on the following:
- Event Planning for 2011-12 Academic Year
- Communications & Marketing
- Sponsorship & Fund-raising
- Advisory Board Development
- Outreach and Education
- Collaboration efforts with other female support groups, such as SFU-WEG, WWEST, IEEE
If you are interested in getting involved or have any questions on what the above working groups entail, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!