The BC WEN is undertaking a three-year project to develop a labour market strategy for women in the energy sector, with a focus on Northern BC. The project will create a baseline understanding for the current role women play in the industry in the region, barriers to employment, opportunities for training and skill development, and current recruitment and retention practices.
BC WEN will develop a sector Action Plan for the increased participation of women in the BC energy labour market. The Action Plan will look at macro trends in the energy sector environment and local level industry trends and stakeholder concerns, issues and opportunities. Steps will be defined for how to address the identified barriers for women entering and remaining in the workplace.
The BC WEN is looking for a Project Coordinator to work with the Project Manager on the execution and delivery of this Project.
• Research and data gathering on current status of the energy industry in Northern BC
• Stakeholder relationships building
• Stakeholder workshop organisation and execution in communities across Northern BC
• Communications: maintaining communications with partners as well as general project updates using social media, the website and email
• Report writing
• Undergraduate degree or diploma, preference given to sustainable development, energy-related studies
• Understanding of the BC energy industry
• Understanding of Northern BC communities, preference will be given to someone living in Northern BC
• Community development project experience
• Labour market development project experience
• Strong research and report writing skills
• Strong communication skills, oral and written, with a variety of stakeholders
• Comfortable with public speaking with a variety of stakeholders, community members and
• Strong ability to work independently and virtually, and demonstrated strong decisions making skills
This is a part-time contract position for 3 years (until December 31, 2016) at a rate of $25/hr.
Please send your resume and cover letter, by March 3 at 5:00 pm, to Jessica McIlroy, firstname.lastname@example.org.