Why aren’t more women taking advantage of the incredible opportunities within the oil and gas industry, and what can be done to change this situation?
Memorial University of Newfoundland invites you to register for an international conference “Fueling the Future: Women in Oil & Gas”.
This two-day conference will be of interest to:
- Senior executives in the oil and gas industry, including the supply sector
- Regulators and government policy officials
- Executives and academic leaders in universities and colleges which cater to the oil and gas industry
- Non-governmental organizations dealing with economic development, labour markets, employment equity and employment readiness
- Academics researching and teaching in such areas as petroleum economics, labour economics, women’s studies and other areas.
The goal of this conference is to share information and experiences with employers, policy makers, educators, and others, in order to improve the participation of women in the industry.
The conference intends to provide practical, useful and relevant guidance to the industry.
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Dates: March 8 (International Women’s Day) and 9, 2011
Register now to reserve your place! More information is available from the conference website at www.women-oilandgas.com.
Information in post is from The Hypatia Association.