Incorporated not-for-profit Canadian organizations may apply for funding through a new Status of Women Canada program, “Blueprint Project” – a series of ready-made projects (over 24 months) to:
- Increase recruitment of women into non-traditional work (up to $300,000);
- Retain and promoting women in non-traditional and under-represented sectors (up to $300,000);
- Increase women’s involvement as decision-makers in community-based organizations (up to $200,000);
- Improve access to second-stage services for women who have experienced abuse (up to $200,000);
- Use gender-based analysis to improve community safety (up to $300,000);
- Engage youth in preventing violence against girls and women (up to $200,000); and
- Improve financial and growth opportunities for women business owners (up to $300,000).
NOT eligible: individuals, unions, co-ops, universities, government, school boards, or other organizations whose mandate was created by a government.
Deadline: February 21, 2011.
Information in post provided by New Brunswick Advisory Council on the Status of Women.