The WinSETT Centre and NSERC Chairs for Women in Science and Engineering National Network, invite you to this special pre-CCWESTT Conference Workshop:
A Workshop for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades, and Technology
Who: Technical women in their early to mid-career and will also benefit senior post-secondary students or more experienced professionals.
When: Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM MDT
Where: Ramada Plaza Hotel, 1818 Victoria Avenue Regina, SK
Cost: $190, GST/HST included, covers participant materials, continental breakfast, luncheon and nutrition breaks. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Cancellations after May 14, 2014 are non-refundable.
About This Workshop:
The Canadian Centre for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology (WinSETT Centre), with support from the NSERC Chairs for Women in Science and Engineering National Network, is pleased to offer a special day-long pre-CCWESTT Conference workshop. The workshop is a module of WinSETT’s Women in SETT Leadership Program which has had over 50 workshop deliveries across Canada with highly positive evaluations.
Who Should Attend:
Effective Communication for Women in SETT is designed for technical women in their early to mid-career and will also benefit senior post-secondary students or more experienced professionals.
Designed for 16 to 25 participants and led by professional facilitators, you will:
- Become aware of different styles of communication
- Assess your own communication style, strengths and challenges
- Learn from the research on gender factors affecting communication
- Formulate and practice strategic self-promotion
- Build skills through guided role-play exercises and practice in a supportive environment
- Benefit from the strategies and tips from female leaders in the sector and from other participants
How to Register:
For more details about this workshop please click here.