Fueling the Future: Women in Oil & Gas
An international conference to examine the participation of women in the oil & gas industry, from the global context to the Atlantic Canadian context.
Goal of the Conference
The goal of this conference is to share information and experiences with employers, policy makers, educators, and others, in order to improve the participation of women in this industry. The conference intends to provide practical, useful and relevant guidance to the industry.
Themes of the conference
- Employment trends for women in the petroleum sector: past, present and future.
- Business case for increased gender equity in the industry.
- Opportunities and barriers facing women in all phases of the industry (from exploration to production) and at all levels of the industry (from well-head to corporate suite).
- Building capacity in supplier development for women-led businesses.
- Government regulations and incentives to encourage greater female participation.
- The role of post-secondary institutions in preparing women for the industry.
- Best practices that foster greater participation by women in the sector.
The conference will be of interest to
- Executives and managers in the oil & gas industry;
- Government regulators and policy personnel;
- Employees’ representatives;
- Executives of post-secondary institutions offering programs in engineering, technology, petroleum studies, resource economics, business, etc.;
- Leaders in non-governmental organizations dealing with gender equity, employment readiness, regional development and related issues;
- Leaders of business and industry associations; and
- Academics studying labour market issues, the petroleum industry or women’s studies (among other disciplines).
Language of the conference
The language of the conference will be English.
Register: online at http://www.women-oilandgas.com/?page=registration
Information courtesy of Fueling the Future: Women in Oil & Gas (http://www.women-oilandgas.com/?page=home). Please note this event is not hosted by WWEST.