The 15th International Conference for Women Engineers and Scientists (ICWES15) is jointly hosted by Engineers Australia National Committee for Women in Engineering and the International Network for Women Engineers and Scientists (INWES).
The International Conference for Women Engineers and Scientists (ICWES) has been held every three years since 1964 and provides an important forum for the exchange of information and ideas for women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
The theme of this conference is Leadership, Innovation, Sustainability. The conference will provide an opportunity to discuss innovative technology in the 21st century across the engineering, science and technological professions as well as providing excellent network opportunities with colleagues in business, academia and government. It will highlight the important roles and contributions women in STEM make to society in the 21st century as well as demonstrating the value of having women as part of the professional team.
The conference is expected to have a wide ranging impact on these professions and will have a number of discussion forums including:
- Innovations and research in the various fields of engineering, science and technology.
- New ideas and solutions to contemporary problems including climate change, water, energy and sustainability.
- Gender Issues and the challenges of attracting and retaining women engineers and scientists.
- Industry commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace.
- Showcasing female leaders in engineering, science and technology fields.
These forums will encourage conference delegates to reflect and consider their circumstances and what they hope to achieve by revisiting their goals and aspirations.
Register: online at http://www.icwes15.org/register.asp
Information courtesy of ICWES15 (http://www.icwes15.org/)